* Decoupage Scallop Shell. These shells range from 4" to 5" - thoroughly cleaned with soap and water - no chemicals used.
* Ethically Sourced. We only use shells that have washed up on beaches naturally. Their former inhabitants have moved out. We never kill or harm any animals to get their shells. We also donate a portion of our proceeds to The Marine Fish Conservancy Network- so feel good about your purchase from us.
* All orders arrive ready for gifting in a cute boho gift box. A gift note can be included upon request and we can ship direct to the recipient- no receipt included.
* We package these up nice and snug so they'll arrive in tip top shape.
* Please keep in mind that each shell is unique and was once home to a little animal. Any 'imperfections' in the shell should be seen as a badge of honor of this creature's journey from the deep to your door. The pictures are examples of the patterns only. Your shell will be 100% one-of-a -kind and the only one on the planet that will look like yours.
* These shells, collected off beaches on the Northeast coast, have been artfully transformed into lovely objets d'art and would function wonderfully as ring / trinket dishes. Each one is handmade and consists of numerous layers of pearly or plain white base, thin layers of paper, and a triple coat of a super shiny, waterproof lacquer finish. The finishing touch is a fine edging in liquid gold leaf. These have the look and feel of porcelain and the gold really shines. The back of the shell is left natural to highlight the artistry involved in applying the gold leaf paint. These look almost electroplated with gold! These are coated with a waterproof protective lacquer but please don't submerge them in water or leave them exposed to water for extended periods of time. The back of the shells are still porous and will absorb water.