The Eye of Horus, also known as wadjet, wedjat or udjat, is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power, and good health. Horus was the ancient Egyptian sky god who was usually depicted as a falcon. His right eye was associated with the sun god, Ra. The eye symbol represents the marking around the eye of the falcon, including the "teardrop" marking sometimes found below the eye.
A perfect layering piece and totally on trend and hot now. Coin necklaces are a must in every jewelry buff's arsenal and make the perfect layering piece. This would make a perfect good luck gift or fabulous gift for the spiritually minded or Egyptophile in your life.
The coin is 24k gold plated over brass. The chain is a high end 14k gold filled petite box chain.
Chain is 16"
Medallion is .6" round
ABOUT GOLD FILLED
* Gold filled is an actual layer of gold-pressure bonded to another metal.
* Most people with jewelry sensitivities can wear gold filled without worries of any allergic reaction.
* Heirloom jewelry from the 1800s is often gold-filled which gives us confidence that it will last a lifetime!
GOLD FILLED CARE
* Warm water and a soft cloth are the best thing you can do to maintain the beauty of your jewelry.
* Jewelry polishing cloths work great and are non-abrasive.
* Salt water and chlorine in swimming pools take their toll on all fine jewelry.